· Carry out a review of the statutory records required to be maintained by the Secretarial Department. The records include the following
o Register of Members.
o Register of Debenture holders.
o Directors Attendance Register.
o Minute book of the - Board meeting / General Meeting / other Meetings .
o Register of Contracts
o Register of Directors share holding .
o Register of Investment .
o Register of Fixed Deposits .
o Register of Share Transfers.
o Register of Charges.
o Index of Members.
o Index of shareholders.
o Register of Foreign Members.
· Ensure that compliance with the S E B I guidelines is made by referring to the S E B I guidelines / circular / notifications etc.
· Check that the company is regular in meeting its obligations towards the share holders/ debenture holders / banks / financial institutions / fixed deposit holders etc. Check whether the company has defaulted in making payment to the fixed deposit holders / payment to the financial institution / members / banks / debenture holder etc. and comment upon the nature and the extent of default .
· Ensure that the Company has adhered to the various compliance matters falling under Corporate Governance . Refer to the guidelines on Corporate Governance - Terms of Reference of Audit Committees etc.
· Ensure that all the share transfers lodged are duly effected in the records.
· In case of acceptance of Fixed Deposits from the public, ensure that the provisions of section 58 A /58AA / 58AAA to the Companies act 1956, have been complied with.
· Ensure that the provisions of Companies (Acceptance of Deposits) - Rules 1975 are complied with
· In case the company has issued debenture / bonds etc. ensure that the terms and condition of the issue, as given in the prospectus to the issue, debenture deed / trust deed have been complied with.
· Ensure that the statutory records and registers as required to be maintained under the Companies Act (point 1 above ) are properly maintained and are kept updated at all times.