(1) Check that Bank reconciliation statements in respect of all the bank accounts are prepared on a monthly basis.
(2) Check that the entries appearing in the Bank reconciliation statements are cleared in the subsequent month.
(3) Check for any old pending entry and inquire into the nature and details of such an outstanding entry.
(4) Check that entries relating to cheques issued but not presented for payment for more than 6 months are reversed.
(5) Check that all post dated cheques received are kept in safe custody until deposited.
(5) Cheque that all cancelled cheques are kept properly in the cheque book.
(7) Check the cheque signing authorization levels of management and ensure that the cheques are signed according to the prescribed and delegated authority.
(8) Check that cheque books / counter foils are kept in safe custody.